Monday, November 4, 2013

It's happening again.....

What? I'm not gone for good much to the dismay of a few!!
Honestly, last year knocked the wind out of my sassy sails. My spunky, amazing, incredible mother in law was taken from us too soon. I couldn't breath for a while, it almost felt like I wasn't grieving "right". Of course there isn't a right or a wrong way, but it felt like it wasn't enough. She had done so much for us, impacted the community of Olympia in such a powerful way, it wasn't enough.
You always want your children to see things through their eyes for as long as possible, the eyes of a child. Innocent and joyful. My desire is for them to know their noni the way that the other cousins did. She baked with them, did their homework with them and was a huge part of them being who they are. It was this time last year we found out she was sick. Three days after Christmas she was gone. It's still all very raw. I wish she had come with us on our family vacation that was out of control and crazy this summer. To see how amazing it was to have all her crazy kids and their spouses and their kids under one insanely haunted roof (legit, this place was haunted). She would be so proud of the kids this year and would be horrified along with my mother at silas and his dirty dancing, Titus sticking his hands down my shirt STILL, hunter NEVER showering and Cole...well what is there bad to say about him!!
So as you can see we are coming up on a year with a hole in our hearts but I feel like I might be back...
you have missed a lot this year, no lie. My kids are cray cray....
Namaste suckas, I will have humor from here on out. Love and miss you momma M.

No comments:

Post a Comment